British GI Brands 2019
Brand Finance British GI Brands 2019
A report by Brand Dialogue on the perception of geographical indication brands in the UK.
- Cornish Pasty is the #1 British GI product for customer familiarity and protected status awareness, followed by Jersey Royal Potatoes and Scotch Whisky.
- When looking at the scores separately, Cornish Pasty remains number one for familiarity, while Arbroath Smokies take top place for protected status awareness.
- Phrases associated with GIs skew positive, with “Authentic” and “Premium Quality” two most popular answers.
- Many British GI products considered “Best in Class” for their category, with Harris Tweed scoring highest.
- Nearly three in four British consumers believe that they are much more likely or somewhat more likely to purchase products with a geographical indication.
- Fish and Chips was named the Best of British Food & Drink by most respondents but a fifth of British consumers cannot name their favourite British dish.
Brand Dialogue is a public relations agency that develops communications strategies to create dialogue that drives brand value. Brand Dialogue is a member of the Brand Finance plc group of companies with presence in over 20 countries worldwide.