View the Japanese report here.
- Top 100 most valuable Japanese brands stand to lose over ¥7 trillion of cumulative brand value following devastating COVID-19 pandemic
- Toyota claims title of Japan’s most valuable and strongest brand - brand value ¥6.3 trillion and Brand Strength Index (BSI) score 85.5/100
- Japanese auto industry under pressure from COVID-19
- Mitsubishi Group jumps two spots in ranking to 2nd following 40% brand value growth
- Retail giant Rakuten is nation’s fastest growing brand, up 63%
- Ones to watch: Kikkoman and Don Quijote
Toyota has shown once again its global dominance as its named Japan’s most valuable and strongest brand. The COVID-19 pandemic, however, is no doubt going to hit the auto giant, and fellow brands across the sector, hard as they negotiate the shrinking global economy and manufacturing is disrupted and halted. Now more than ever, Toyota will have to rely on its strong brand to bounce back once restrictions are eased and brands begin a gradual return to production.
CEO, Brand Finance