The 500 most valuable and strongest banking brands in the world are included in the Brand Finance Banking 500 ranking and published in The Banker magazine.
- Led by ICBC as the world’s most valuable banking brand (US$79.8 billion), China’s banks dominate top four spots of the ranking
- Chinese banks grow 28%, achieving US$407 billion in total brand value, over US$100 billion more than US banks
- All US banks, with the exception of Wells Fargo (-9%), Chase (-7%), and BankUnited (-6%), improve their brand value
- Growth of European banks is pedestrian, with German banks losing 24% of value
- Islamic banking sees 20% boost, led by Middles Eastern banks, with QNB the most valuable brand in the region
- Sberbank of Russia claims the title of the world’s strongest banking brand, with a score of 93.1 out of 100 and an AAA+ rating
Sberbank’s high-quality services and products create the kind of loyalty that results in long-term customer relationships. Unparalleled within Russia, the bank can deepen its relationship with customers and extend into new products, services and even industries.
David Haigh, CEO of Brand Finance