Brand Finance Banking 500 2011
- The total increase in brand value of the Banking 500 is US$139bn.
- 78% of the total gain in brand value is among the top 100 brands.
- The best performing brand in the Banking 500 is Itaú with an increase in brand value of $9.7 billion. This can be largely attributed to its acquisition and rebranding of Unibanco.
- The resurgence of the US banking industry is evidenced by an increase in the number of US banks in the study from 85 banks in 2010 to 90 in 2011. This is in addition to US domiciled banks experiencing a 23% increase in brand value. The number of European banks to fall out of the Banking 500 in 2010 was 5. However, European domiciled banks saw their brand value increase by 6%.
- Retail remains the largest sector with a contribution of $284 billion, which accounts for 33% of the Banking 500. This year we have split out Wealth Management from the Retail sector and this new segment accounts for $50 billion which makes up 6% of the Banking 500.
Read about this and many more insights in the full report,
available for download now.