* For banks, enterprise value is substituted with market cap. Source: Bloomberg Finance L.P.
Coca-Cola appears in the following brand league tables:
Rank 9 in the
Global 500 2013.
Rank 8 in the Global 500 2012.
Rank 16 in the Global 500 2011.
Rank 3 in the Global 500 2010.
Rank 2 in the Global 500 2009.
Rank 1 in the Global 500 2008.
Rank 1 in the Global 250 2007.
2013 brand performance*
* Figures taken on 31st December 2012.
2012 brand performance*
* Figures taken on 31st December 2011.
2011 brand performance*
* Figures taken on 31st December 2010.
2010 brand performance*
* Figures taken on 31st December 2009.
Brandirectory user rating*
* Average values from a total of 61 votes.
Coca-Cola was the first commercial sponsor of the Olympic games, at the 1928 games in Amsterdam, and has been an Olympics sponsor ever since.
Since 1978, Coca-Cola has sponsored each FIFA World Cup, and other competitions organised by FIFA.
Over the years they have sponsored many different sports including Major League Baseball, the National Football League, National Basketball Association and the National Hockey League. The mass of audiences these sports generate has a heavy influence on who they sponsor.
They also sponsor the hit Fox singing-competition series American Idol as well as the nightly talk show on PBS, Charlie Rose in the US.